Monday, February 2, 2009

Rearranging!






Mark and I have been thinking about getting a King size bed, so with that in mind I decided to rearrange our bedroom.... It also began with a piece of furniture that I got an an estate sale this weekend. I was sanding and waxing the wash stand to put in my booth, but fell in love with it. The more I sanded on it, blues and greens began to show through, my two favorite shades. I also had stashed away in the corner of the garage a piece of scalloped trim that I'd been saving with the intention of taking it to the Port Gibson house.....SO....I asked for help, and no one voluntered, so I tackled it all by myself! I'm very happy with the results and may not get a king size bed for a while.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hi Ann, I am in LOVE with The Heath House! Mark and I went to high school together in Germany and I followed the links from his website to here.

You have done an AMAZING job restoring that old beauty! I wanted to show you some photos of The Noble Hardee Mansion that my husband and I stumbled upon in Savannah last December. It's the blog post called "Southern Charm". I thought you'd appreciate all of the antiques.

I look forward to going back and reading more of your blog. I love everything I've seen so far. Do you happen to remember what color you painted the master bedroom? I am picking colors this week for our dining room and that looks really close to the color I am thinking of painting it. Our house was built in 1918 and it's not near as grand as The Heath House but it's got great character for an old southern farm house.

Thanks for the happy surprise to find your blog on a Monday morning!